Protection and security specialist
(German: Fachkraft für Schutz und Sicherheit)
Find out more about the training and apply here.
Training at a glance
We offer this training in:
1 August 2020 until 28 February 2021
Start date and duration
Your training commences in September 2021 and will take around three years.
Your monthly remuneration is based on your year of training:
Year 1: EUR 1,068
We offer this training in:
What is the apprenticeship all about?
Security is an important aspect of our processes As a protection and security specialist, your core duty will be to prevent damage and threats to the company. This includes, for example, inspection activities, identifying and warding off criminal offences or documenting damage events and violations. You will plan and implement security measures and preventative hazard prevention, assess hazard potential and initiate security measures. In addition, you will develop event protection concepts and support investigation procedures.
Your development opportunities
On completion of your vocational training as a protection and security specialist, you can of course further your professional development in the subsequent years of your career. These exciting opportunities are open to you:
- Certified protection and security specialist
- Technical business management specialist
- Degree in security management (B.A.)
Am I the right person for this?
This could be the perfect profession for you if this sounds like you:
- You have a strong sense of responsibility.
- You are flexible and can make decisions quickly.
- You are a realist and know that movie-like pursuits have no place in our business.
- You would like to help and protect people.
- You are physically resilient.
Incidentally: Our apprenticeships are open to everyone, regardless of gender.
What you need
Business skills, technical skills, confident and polite manner, good insight into human nature, basic knowledge of English. You must also be at least 17 years of age when you start the vocational training.
Driving licence & criminal record
Driving licence or accompanied driver driving license from the age of 17, police clearance certificate with no entries.
School leaving results
We recommend you have at least a good secondary school leaving certificate.
Have you not yet taken your final exams?
Important note: We only offer initial vocational training. If you have already completed vocational training or if you have professional experience, we unfortunately cannot offer you vocational training at Volkswagen.
We are known for our excellent vocational training. Find out here exactly what you can expect from us. Please note that changes to the procedure may be made at short notice.
You will learn the following in your first year of training with us:
- How to receive visitors and external company employees
- Legal bases as a framework for action
- Monitoring and controlling vehicle and passenger traffic
- Patrol duty and point duty
- Exercising of domiciliary rights
- Avoiding endangerment of self and others
You will learn the following in the second part of your vocational training:
- Recording reports and documentation
- Working and contributing to a control centre
- Observing occupational safety and fire protection regulations
- Basic principles of preventive and protective fire safety
- Training as a fire protection assistant
You will learn the following in the third part of your vocational training:
- Establishing, clarifying and documenting safety-related matters
- Planning the deployment of personnel and resources as well as schedules
- Risk analysis and hazard prevention
- Planning and implementing event security
- Information and prototype protection
- Developing security concepts