Warehouse logistics specialist
(German: Fachkraft für Lagerlogistik)
Find out more about the training and apply here.
Training at a glance
We offer this training in:
1 August 2020 until 28 February 2021
Start date and duration
Your training commences in September 2021 and will take around three years.
Your monthly remuneration is based on your year of training:
Year 1: EUR 1,068
We offer this training in:
What is the apprenticeship all about?
As a warehouse logistics specialist you look after logistics processes such as stock input and output, acceptance, shipping and dispatching of goods. You work in warehouses in the genuine parts division, in materials management and in material flow planning and organisation.
Your development opportunities
On completion of your vocational training as a warehouse logistics specialist, you can of course further your professional development in the subsequent years of your career. These exciting opportunities are open to you:
- Logistics foreman
- Certified industrial business management specialist
- Certified technical business management specialist
- Certified transport business management specialist
Am I the right person for this?
This could be the perfect profession for you if this sounds like you:
- You like orderliness and carefulness.
- You’ve always wanted to drive a forklift truck.
- You want to load and unload freight trains and large trucks.
- You have good orientation.
- You like to play Tetris.
Incidentally: Our apprenticeships are open to everyone, regardless of gender.
What you need
An interest in technical and commercial issues, general IT knowledge, ability to think logically, sense of order, independence and reliability.
You should have good knowledge of German.
School leaving results
We recommend you have a good school leaving certificate.
Have you not yet taken your final exams?
Important note: We only offer initial vocational training. If you have already completed vocational training or if you have professional experience, we unfortunately cannot offer you vocational training at Volkswagen.
We are known for our excellent vocational training. Find out here exactly what you can expect from us. Please note that changes to the procedure may be made at short notice.
You will learn the following in your first year of training with us:
- Fundamentals of structuring and organising operations, labour/employment and collective bargaining law, environmental protection and efficient use of energy
- Incoming goods: accepting and checking goods and their accompanying documents
- Identifying and recording transport containers and transportation means
- Delivering goods to their destinations
- Classifying incoming goods
You will learn the following in the second part of your vocational training:
- Warehousing and storage organisation: procuring and maintaining goods, paying attention to their turnover rate
- Outgoing goods: removing, outputting and picking goods and processing accompanying documents
- Deploying, maintaining and dispatching goods
- Dispatch and transport: calculating freight space, selecting the means of transportation, loading goods and processing accompanying papers
- Planning and organisation: describing the flow of information and goods, recording and retrieving data on goods
- Handling communication and information resources
- Using a foreign language